This whole baby gear thing is new to us. Not sure if you’ve looked at, bought, thought about, or even passed near by any baby gear lately, but let me tell you…there’s a MILLION different options! Being the non-shopping types, neither of us do well with more than about 3 options. From what stroller to get, to which teddy bear is better, we need help!
All the Shiny Baby Gear!!!
Recommendations, suggestions, opinions, and comments from the peanut gallery are all welcome, and here’s just a few things we’re trying to decide on:
- Car seat – what’s safest, what’s coolest, what’s easiest to carry, do you get the one for infants, or the one that converts from infant to toddler to 5 year old???
- Stroller – we know we want a jogger stroller, but do they work for infants, do we need to get a special stroller that the car seat clicks into, do we get one for each stage???
- Diapers – people keep telling us to stock up on diapers, but how do we know what brand/size/fit/color/disposable/cloth/blah/blah/blah to get, and do we really fill a spare bedroom with diapers before he even gets here???
- Baby Carrier – we want a frontpack/backpack kind of rig, but do you get the hippie sling kind or the strap kind, the fabric one, the one that stands up on its own, or the bjorn dealie???
- Bouncy Seat – do we need one, are they safe, are they necessary, is a swing better???
- Registry – do we sign up for all this stuff, and if so, where??? Target, Babies ‘R Us, Amazon???
- Any other stuff – what works best for bathing, bottle-feeding, pumping, sleeping, soothing, entertaining, teething, swaddling, or just plain relaxing new parents and new baby???
Please, give us your suggestions on all this baby gear so we can do what we do best: make lists and check things off, the way that any OCD couple expecting a new baby should do! We’re open, we’re flexible, and we’re also filling Little Browne’s dance card with willing babysitters, so go for it!